President Buhari on Tuesday nominated Abdulrasheed Bawa as substantive chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
Here are 10 things you may not know about Bawa:
1. He is a trained EFCC investigator with vast experience in the investigation and prosecution of Advance Fee Fraud cases, official corruption, bank fraud, money laundering, and other economic crimes.
2. Abdulrasheed Bawa is 40 years old
3. Bawa was one of the pioneer EFCC Cadet Officers in 2005.
4. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Masters in International Affairs and Diplomacy.
5. Bawa was the Lagos zonal head of the anti-graft agency until his appointment,.
6.He is a Certified Fraud Exerminer (CFE)
7.Bawa is a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
8. He was also trained by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), United States Financial Crimes agency.
9. Bawa likes watching football, tennis, reading current affairs and international politics.
10. He will be taking over from Mohammed Umar, who has been in acting capacity since July 2020 after the suspension of Ibrahim Magu over allegations of corruption.