The first Congress Meeting, after the election of the Comrade Saidu Malala led Executives was presided over by himself. He commended the support and cooperation received from members.
The Congress reviewed the success and challenges since the inception of the new executives and also deliberated extensively on several issues bordering on the union and the State and resolved as follows:
1. Congratulate the newly elected Government of Mohammad Inuwa Yahaya and pledge its support by cooperating with the Government in its efforts of developing the state to greater heights.
2. Called on the Gombe State Government to focus more attention on the rising cases of maternal mortality rate in the state by initiating policies and programmes that will reduce the rate in the State.
3. Expressed great concern over the high rate of out of school children in the State, especially girls, and called on the State Government to address the issue as a matter of urgency by embarking on immediate intervention. It said the issue should be taken seriously because it affects the future generation of the State.
4. It also appealed to the State Government to come to the aid of the State owned media outfits, the Gombe Radio and GMTV, by providing and equipping them with modern and state of the art equipment. It also called on the Government to see to the improvement in the welfare of the staff through prompt payment of salaries to boost their morale and productivity.
5. Appealed also to managements of privately owned media organizations in the state to ensure prompt payments of their staff salaries and other entitlements.
6. That members should begin to think outside the box in order to engage in entrepreneurial ventures that would better their lives even after leaving the journalism profession.
Communiqué Drafting Committee:
1. Yusuf Sarki
2. Abigail Kolo
3. Williams Attah
Comrade Vincent Danture.
Secretary, Gombe State Council